TYSA: Staten Island’s Behavioral Health Coalition
TYSA is a behavioral health coalition that seeks to improve the mental health and substance use outcomes of youth and young adults on Staten Island.
As a coalition, we center youth experience and voice, through community education, information, and other strategies that increase awareness to drive major improvements in youth substance use and mental illness prevention, treatment, and recovery on Staten Island.
What Does TYSA Do?
- Educates the community on substance use issues and reduces stigma by developing and coordinating workshops and forums, and implementing media campaigns
- Collects and shares data and personal stories through focus groups, surveys, and testimonials
- Trains professionals, including pharmacists, physicians, youth service providers, beverage servers, business owners, school personnel
- Provides opportunities for youth and community engagement through our Youth Council, Workgroups, and Town Hall Meetings
- Connects community with needed resources by distributing fact sheets, web resources, parent toolkits, and treatment resource guides
- Advocates for systems-level change at the local, state, and federal levels