Get Help Now
If you are in crisis, need help now, or simply need someone to talk to, there are several hotlines and helplines that you can call.
NYC Well is your connection to get the help you need right away.
English: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355), Press 2
Deaf/Hard of Hearing: Call 711 (Relay Service)
Español: 1-888-692-9355, Press 3
中文: 1-888-692-9355, Press 4
Text “WELL” to 65173
Chat online with a counselor or peer specialist on NYC Well’s website.
Any hour of any day, in many languages and from phones, tablets or computers, NYC Well gives you the ability to connect to the help you need. NYC Well provides:
- Suicide prevention and crisis counseling
- Peer support and short-term counseling via phone, text, and web
- Assistance scheduling appointments or accessing other mental health and substance use services
- A follow-up to ensure connection to care
NYC Well is confidential, free and available 24/7. Learn more.
New York State Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) HOPEline
New York State Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) HOPEline offers help and hope 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for alcoholism, drug abuse, and gambling problems.
Text “HOPENY” (467369)
The OASAS HOPEline offers:
- Masters level clinicians who are professional, well-trained and knowledgeable
- Crisis and motivational interviewing for callers in need
- Referrals to more than 1,500 local prevention and treatment providers
- 48 hours call back to those who wish to be contacted
- Multi-lingual informational materials
The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids Parents Helpline
The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids Helpline is a toll-free, national Helpline, helping parents whose children are misusing drugs or alcohol take effective action to support their loved one.
Can’t chat or call? Fill out the contact form to request a personal follow-up from one of the counselors.
The trained specialists listen to each caller’s story and then propose a plan of action.
- Master’s-level counselors ready to help any parent struggling with a child’s drug or alcohol use
- Calls are free and confidential
- Phone line open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm ET, but closed weekends and holidays
- Phone line operators for both English and Spanish
- Online chat available Monday-Friday, 5 pm – 10 pm ET and Saturday & Sunday, 12 pm – 5 pm ET
- Online chat available for English only
- Chats are free and confidential