Staten Island Prescription Drug Safety & Disposal
Many prescription drugs in your medicine cabinet are harmful.
Rates of unintentional overdose and accidental poisoning in New York City are alarmingly high. In fact, many individuals using heroin report starting with a prescription opioid.
There are several ways to protect your family and friends, including safely disposing or properly destroying your medications. Learn more below.
Staten Island Drug Disposal Locations
On Staten Island, select pharmacies and all NYPD precincts contain drop boxes where you can dispose of old, unused and unwanted medications.
TYSA has worked tirelessly to expand take back locations to pharmacies across Staten Island. Sponsored by Richmond County District Attorney Michael McMahon, MedSafe drug disposal safes have been installed in the following pharmacies:
- Delco Drugs and Specialty Pharmacy – 3833 Richmond Avenue (Eltingville)
- Randall Manor Pharmacy – 395 Forest Avenue (Randall Manor)
- Ocean Breeze Pharmacy – 1817 Hylan Boulevard (Dongan Hills)
- Super Health Pharmacy – 6400 Amboy Road (Pleasant Plains)
Additionally, you can bring your medications to the following NYPD precincts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with no questions asked:
- 120 Precinct – 78 Richmond Terrace (St. George)
- 121 Precinct – 970 Richmond Avenue (Granitevlle)
- 122 Precinct – 1210 Hylan Boulevard (New Dorp)
- 123 Precinct – 116 Main Street (Tottenville
Drug Disposal Dos and Don’ts
If you do decide to dispose of your medication, follow these simple rules:
- DON’T flush medications in the toilet
- DON’T throw medications directly in the trash
- DO use drug deactivation pouches
- DO damage medications by mixing drugs with coffee grinds or cat litter
For more information, download the Partnership for Drug Free Kids Safe Drug Disposal Guide.