The Staten Island Partnership for Community Wellness (SIPCW) seeks to hire a Coordinator for the Drug Free Community (DFC) Support Program for the Tackling Youth Substance Abuse (TYSA) Initiative.
TYSA is a collective impact initiative that was formed in 2011 to address Staten Island’s alarming rates of youth substance abuse. TYSA is a project of the Staten Island Partnership for Community Wellness (SIPCW), a membership organization of individuals and community organizations from the public, private and nonprofit sectors established to promote wellness and to improve the health of the Staten Island community through collaboration and a multidisciplinary approach.
TYSA is the recipient of a federal Drug Free Community (DFC) Support grant. The DFC program requires a highly skilled coordinator to support the work of TYSA and its day to day operations. The Project Coordinator will ensure that TYSA’s internal and external functions, including strategy, communications and youth and community engagement work smoothly. The Coordinator will report to the Program Manager of TYSA.
• Develop and implement work plans
• Facilitate workgroups and community discussions
• Assist workgroup members with implementation and evaluation of strategies
• Grant oversight and reporting
• Maintain TYSA communications platforms
• Conduct community outreach and education
• Develop youth engagement strategies
• Respond to requests from external organizations
• Identify, build relationships, and work with new and existing community based organizations
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Public Policy, Community Health or Social Work or Relevant experience
• 2 plus years of experience in Public Health or Non-Profit
• Experience with community organizing and communicating with diverse stakeholders
• Ability to work independently
• Proficiency in full MS Office package – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with the Staten Island Community
Range $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience.
4 weeks vacation per year, medical and dental benefits
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position that requires some evening and weekend work and travel for trainings and conferences. Candidates interested in the position should send their cover letter and resume via email to Adrienne Abbate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include DFC Coordinator in the subject of the email.